Friday, July 19, 2013

Photo Updates - Petrie & Luna, Sprinkles & Toffee.


 This handsome little fella is Petrie. He is not 2 weeks old until tomorrow but already he is feeling a little amorous.
Petrie
He has been happy dancing excitedly and actively trying to mount both his Mother Minnie and sister, Luna. This behaviour has me a little nervous as I decidedly do not want him to impregnate his Mother. I have never heard of a boar this young becoming a father and he really is too young to wean. So for now, he will be staying put.

Luna

This sweet lass is Luna. She is a bit of a cutie with her thickset face and large coronet. Her and Petrie have both doubled their birth weight in less than two weeks. They are strong healthy bubba's and Minnie is clearly doing a great job rearing them.

Sprinkles

 I have also taken update photos of Sprinkles and Toffee. These brothers are now 3 weeks old and have both been practicing their rumble-strutting. Before too long I will move Summer out and then two weeks after that they will be going to their new home. I am delighted that the boys will be leaving together as a bonded pair and I know their new owner is very excited to meet them. 

Toffee


No comments:

Post a Comment