Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Recent Happenings In My Cavy Kingdom

This month brought some more babies. This time a darling set of triplets born to Miss 2's beloved pet Wobby. They are tri-colours and with a merino father (Zavier) and long coat genetic's carrying mother, it will be a waiting game to see whether they get long coats or not.



The triplets at 1 day old.
They were all born at a good weight and Mumma Wobby is doing fine. The only boar in the trio, Cayenne had discharge in one eye for the first week, causing it to gunk closed every morning. Fortunately close monitoring and regular wiping with saline has seen it clear up very quickly. 

Cayenne
 In the meantime I have separated Marduk from his Mum and sister as one day shy of three weeks he started happy dancing. I assured him that we will be having none of that and moved him into his own little bachelor pad. Being that he is a firm favorite here, he is getting lots of cuddles and attention and doesn't seem to mind living on his own for now. 

Marduk 1 week old

Marduk 4 weeks old
My other exciting news is that I have been blessed by the arrival of my very first pedigree texel. His name is Zorrow and he is a very sweet little boar indeed. I must confess that part of the reason I fell so instantly in love with this little guy is because he reminds me so much of Zavier.



Zorrow 7 weeks old
I am still on the look out for another sheltie sow to form a trio and of course Zorrow would love a texel girlfriend. However good things come to those who wait and in the cavy world, patience is definitely a virtue.

I have, with much reservation launched an Enchanted Kingdom Cavy Stud Facebook page. The temptation to network easily with other stud owners has proven too much for me. So hopefully despite my nerves it will be a worthwhile enterprise.

You can also check out Tash's new Funky Kingdom Cavy Stud Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment